Burning Beast 2016
Sun, Jul 24 at 4pm
Burning Beast, "the world's best feast in a field", returns from a year off on Sunday, July 24 at Smoke Farm. Burning Beast features the talents of more than a dozen of Seattle's finest chefs preparing sustainably raised meats and fish using humankind's most basic tool - fire. Superstar chef Tamara Murphy (Terra Plata) leads the pack and wrangles the chefs in what is sure to be another incredible and delectable feast!
Situated at Smoke Farm, a retired dairy in Snohomish County, proceeds from Burning Beast benefit the educational, environmental and cultural projects at Smoke Farm.
Grounds open to ticketed guests at 3pm. Food comes off the grills around 5pm. Atmosphere - outdoor casual. THINK GREEN: carpool, and provide your own reusable plates, cups and cutlery. One meal is all we're cooking, so bring snacks! Smoke Farm is more than 360 acres of forest and glade situated along the Stillaguamish River. Bring picnic blankets, comfy footwear, and healthy appetites. Burning Beast is an off-the-grid event: no credit card machines or ATMs (so bring some cash). No dogs please. Event takes place rain or shine.
Children are welcome, but each must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times. Under 10 get in free!
Chef List for Burning Beast 2016:
- Adam Hoffman / Rabbits / Adam's Northwest Bistro & Brewery
- Miles James / Beef Tongue / DOTS
- Mathew Lewis / Roux / Where Ya At Matt
- Mike Easton / Pig / Il Corvo
- Aaron Matson / Duck / The Copper Hog
- Zephyr Paquette / Lamb / Marjorie
- Sarah Wong, Karen Jergunsen, and Students of Seattle Culinary Academy
- Jason Stoneburner / Goat / Stoneburner
- Charlie Pasquier / Chickens / Goat Mountain Pizza
- Carles Walpole / Salmon / Blind Pig
- Eric Johnson / Lamb / Stateside
- Tamara Murphy / Whole Fish / Terra Plata
- Joshua Henderson / Hunk O' Beef / Huxley Wallace
- Dylan Giordan / Giant Octopus / Piatti
Burning Beast is a benefit event for Smoke Farm; a project of the Rubicon Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Smoke Farm is a primitive site with limited access to shelter or running water. Uneven ground, sharp objects, open flame, noxious plants and other hazards are present. Your ticket purchase constitutes an agreement to accept responsibility for all liability and to abide by our rules while at Smoke Farm.